ARKANSAS MUSIC WORKS MUSIC LESSON POLICY
- Tuition for lessons is $85 per month, with discounts given to multiple students in a family. The lessons are charged per month rather than per lesson.
- Tuition must be paid in full at the beginning of each month. It is required that each student have a form of payment on file (whether that be a voided check through ACH or a credit/debit card) that will be charged for lessons on the 5th of each month. Monthly payments are non-refundable. If your credit/debit card expires, it is up to you to let us know and get a new one on file. Your student will not be able to continue lessons if payment is not received by the 15th of the month. If you decide to discontinue lessons, please let us know by the end of the month to ensure you are not charged for the following month.
- Please remember that you are signing up for lessons at a specified time. Therefore, no credits are given for missed lessons. This includes lessons missed due to illness and vacation. Your teacher has set aside that time for you, so please be respectful of their time. Makeups should be scheduled with each individual teacher, however, they are a courtesy and are not guaranteed. If your teacher has to be out for any reason, they will make every attempt to schedule a makeup lesson. If not, a credit will be put on your account.
- If you are going to miss your lesson, please let us know in a timely manner. We require a 24-hour notice for any missed lessons. No shows and notifications the day of are not eligible for makeups. Any student that misses 2 consecutive weeks in a row without proper notification will be dropped from the schedule. The monthly lesson fee will not be refunded.
- There are 4 extra lessons per year that we do not charge extra for, meaning that there will be some months that your child will receive 5 lessons instead of 4 (if all are attended). Therefore, any holidays landing on your child's lesson day will not be prorated or rescheduled. If, however, the store is closed for inclement weather, we will credit your account for the following month of tuition.
- Books and supplies are charged on the students account. Please make sure any books your child has been given by their teacher are paid for before being taken home.
- Our teachers expect a certain level of commitment from their students. Students should come to lessons prepared. It is at the teachers' discretion to discontinue lessons should they become a chore and not enjoyable for the student. Music lessons are fun, motivating, exciting and inspirational. Setting aside time each day for practice is expected and will help the student get the most out of their musical education.
- You are more than welcome to drop your student off for their lesson. Please make sure you pick them up when their lesson ends. We will not stay past closing time waiting on parents.